Basing out of our Deschutes Rver Fly Shop and Camp located across the highway from the Lower Deschutes River and just a few miles from the the Warm Springs put in. We are the most approximate guide service to this section of the "Blue Ribbon" Lower Deschutes River. Our proximity to the river gaurentees we are in the know and on the fish. You would be hard pressed to find a guide service that spends more time on this section of river. Day and overnight camp trips for native "Redside" rainbow and trout are available on the Deschutes from May through October. Day and overnight steelhead trips are available September into November.
We also offer half and full day walk in trips on the Crooked River for native trout all season long and guided and unguided private lake options in the spring, early summer and fall.
The day float is from Warm Springs to Trout Creek. The put in is just down the road from the fly shop! This is a 10 mile float in to scenic high desert river canyon. This roadless stretch offers great scenery and tons of great water to fish! Full day guide trips include 8 hours of guided fishing, equipment rentals, and a shore lunch! The season begins the third week in April and quickly transisitons into the most popular hatch on the river. The Deschutes Salmofly hatch is in May and people come long and far to throw the big bugs for hungry, wild trout! Historically the Salmonfly hatch provides the best dry fly fishing of the season. From June through of the summer it is mainly a caddis fishery. Great dry fly fishing can also be had then. Early and late in the day and on the hotter days the caddis dry fly fishing can be exceptional on the river. This is a little more technical, but also more rewarding. Stalking "Heads" casting to large rising trout sipping small bugs! The nymph bite is almost always good!
Steelhead enter these upper reaches of the Deschutes in Septmeber. When we offer "Combo" trout and steelhead trips, and steelhead specific trips from September into November. Steelhead can be caught using two hand spey rods and swinging flies or using single hand rods and nypmphing.
Deschutes River Overnight camp trips are available for native "Redside" rainbow trout and wild and hatchery steelhead from May through October.This is the premiere Deschutes River experience. Three and four day float trips into the "Wild and Scenic" section of the Lower Deschutes River. Rugged Scenery, great fishing and accommodations, and great comraderie makes for an unforgetable experience. A gear boat and camp host is used to secure and set our camps. No work required by clients! Float into camp with your camp already set up. Nothing to do but get out of your waders, and grab a cocktail and relax and enjoy the beutiful scene. All camp equpment and food provided! Double occupancy outfitter tents, cots, and a dining tents make for a deluxe camp. Read More...
Crooked River Walk In Tripsand is a great venue for beginners, families, and small groups. The fishery can be prolifice with fish counts over 3,000 fish per mile some years. Half and full day walk in trips are available for the Crooked River. Read More...
- Phone Number 541-553-2589
- Alternate Phone Number 541-647-2584
- 7228 US HWY 26
Madras, Oregon 97741
- A Mile East of the Warm Springs Boat Launch on Hwy 26!
Guide Service Rates
- Full Day Deschutes Float - $495.00 for 2 anglers, $595 for 3
- Half Day Deschutes Float (June - Aug. only) $375 for 2, $450 for 3
- Multi Day Camp Trips $400 -$450.00 per person, per day. Call for more info
- Crooked River Half Day, Walk In Trips $300 1-2 Anglers, $375 for 3, $450 for 4
- Crooked River Full Day, Walk In Trips $425 1-2 Anglers, $525 for 3, $625 for 4
- All full day trips include lunch, equipment rentals, and guide services
- Boater Passes, licenses, steelhead tags, flies, and gratuities not included.
Private Lake Rates
- Full Day "Guided" Private Lake - $375.00-$450 for 1-2 anglers, add $75.00 per person up to four anglers + private lake fee
- Full Day "Un-Guided" Private Lake - $125.00-$150.00 per person (Depending on what lake) plus equipment rentals if needed
- Private lake fees, flies, and gratuities are not included. Pontoons and float tubes and other equipment rentals available for "Un-guided" trips.